This chicken. This chicken is delicious. I found this recipe in a Taste Of Home, so of course the recipe is not mine! A lot of feedback about the butter; ‘too much butter’, ‘way too much butter’ and so on and so forth. But I have always made it just as the recipe instructs. I have never been disappointed. We never had French-fried onions on hand before I made this recipe for the first time. Now we always do. I have also discovered that they are good mixed in with tuna-fish, but. um. you may want to leave that suggestion until another time!
Crispy Onion Chicken
Source: Charlotte Smith, courtesy Taste of Home
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 can (6 ounces) cheddar or original french-fried onions, crushed
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- Preheat the oven to 350º F.
- In a shallow bowl, combine the butter, Worcestershire sauce, mustard, garlic salt and pepper. In another shallow bowl, add 1/2 cup-fried onions. Dip chicken in the butter mixture, then coat with onions.
- Place in a greased 9-in. square baking pan. Top with remaining onions; drizzle with any remaining butter mixture. Bake, uncovered, for 30-35 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 170°. Yield: 4 servings.