I woke up this morning and turned on my kindle. I needed to get to today’s Mass reading, because I’ll be lectoring at 8 a.m. Mass. Today is my Mom’s 51st birthday. After my tablet powered on, I looked at the notification and found an email “please moderate” from wordpress. Ok, I thought, cool! Another comment. I’ll deal with it at the computer downstairs.
Little did I know, it would be anything like Jhuls nominating me FOR AN AWARD!! I’m speechless, really. So how am I going to finish this post?
Accepting the nomination for the LIEBSTER AWARD includes sharing 11 facts, answering your nominator’s 11 questions, and asking your nominations 11 questions. Without further ado, here are 11 random facts about me:
1. I love chocolate. (duh) but no, really love it.
2. I have 5 siblings, a sister-in-law, and a prospective brother-in-law. Wedding’s a month from today.
3. I helped build my family’s house. We built it from the ground up.
4. I’m not a dog person, not really a pet person at all. Exceptions include huskies.
5. I’m a geek about movie (and some tv) stuff. Includes Marvel, Lord of the Rings, Sherlock, Once upon a Time, and Period Dramas.
6. I love to read Jane Austen.
7. I’ve been to Rome.
8. My uncle was in a movie.
9. My hair can’t hold a curl to save its life.
10. Favorite color is purple, but I love lots of colors.
11. I believe Fairytales are awesome.
Here are the 11 questions Jhuls asked me:
- What is your zodiac sign?
Capricorn, apparently. I had to look it up, I’ve never payed attention before
2.Favorite past time.
Tie between baking/cooking and reading.
3.What do you usually do during weekends?
Bake. Try to bring to reality things I pinned on Pinterest. Go to Mass on Sunday.
4.What is your favorite kitchen equipment?
Jeez, tough one. I love a good spatula.
5. One weirdest thing about you that you can think of right now.
I used to eat chicken nuggets dunked in Dr. Pepper. Gross, I know.
6. Unforgettable holiday trip.
Gaylord Opryland during Christmastime with my aunt and uncle
7. What is your favorite thing to do when you want to relax?
Scroll Pinterest, read a book, or listen to music.
8. What are the essentials you need to have inside your bag?
Funny, I don’t always carry a bag with me. My wallet, I guess, with money in it 😉
9. Do you have any other social media accounts?
10. What is your least favorite household chore?
I clean to earn money, so when I do that my least favorite is baseboards. I never do those at home though 😉
11. 3 words that describe you?
Creative. Decisive. Geeky. (submitted by my brother, because he probably knows better than I do).
Here are my 11 nominations:
2. Needs Salt (personal fave)
8. London Bakes
10. Common + Comfort
11. The Broken Bread
Aaand here are my 11 questions for them:
1. How long ago did you start your blog and why?
2. If you could be a princess, (real or fictional) who would you be? Why?
3. What’s a favorite baking or cooking memory?
4. Essential tool for your kitchen?
5. What camera do you use for your food photography and how have you learned to use it so well?
6. What’s a pet feature of your dream kitchen?
7. What are some guilty pleasures of yours?
8. If you had to pick, treehouse or underground fort?
9. Chocolate or vanilla?
10. How old were you when you started messing around in the kitchen?
11. What’s your dream for your blog?